[R] Installtion

Phineas Campbell pcampbell at econ.bbk.ac.uk
Mon Apr 28 16:27:39 CEST 2003

I've spent the past couple of months trying to install R-1.6.2 on my
Sunblade 100 running SunOS 5.9, so I am getting desparate.  I tried the
gcc 3.2 compiler, but I understand this is still a bit buggy.  So I
downloaded an evaluation copy of Sun Forte Developer 7 compiler and ran
the configure script. I've piped the configure command output to
www.phineas.blueyonder.co.uk/config.out where there is an <Fortran name
mangling scheme error> and the config.log output is at
www.phineas.blueyonder.co.uk/config.log.  The complier will build c
executables but I have not tried compiling either C++ or Fortan code.
 I've installed readline.3..  I will do anything it takes to R working.

Phineas Campbell
pcampbell at econ.bbk.ac.uk