[R] Multiple Integration

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Sat Apr 26 16:46:28 CEST 2003

	  Have you considered Monte Carlo integration?  If the function is
bounded on the rectangular region of integration (or if its square is
integrable), then you can generate N random points inside the rectangle,
and evaluate the function at each point.  Their mean is the integral,
and from their sample variance, you can get a confidence interval on
that estimate.  With modern computers, you can get any degree of
accuracy you want just by waiting longer.

	  You can improve on this using kernals, but I'm not familiar with
those methods.

hope this helps.  spencer graves