[R] equipment

Thomas W Blackwell tblackw at umich.edu
Wed Apr 23 20:45:18 CEST 2003

Ruud  -

Use your existing machine.  Here's a rough calculation:

60,000 rows x 15 columns x 8 bytes = 7.2 Mb per copy of the
data set x 10 - 20 copies of the data set in memory while
you do the calculations = 72 - 144 Mb memory requirements.

Is it 12 bytes per double instead of 8 in this implementation
of the S language ?  (I think it is 12 for S-Plus.)  Have I
missed a factor of 10 somewhere here ?

I think you should be okay with your existing machine.
Close other processes when you do the analysis.

-  tom blackwell  -  u michigan medical school  -  ann arbor  -