[R] clustering

EdwardSeelefant@aol.com EdwardSeelefant at aol.com
Wed Apr 23 17:11:47 CEST 2003

Dear R-users,

I have a two - dimensional data set which needs to be clustered into
groups:
I'm searching for groups of points which show a positive
correlation (in a twodimensional plot of the data set), but I do not have
any knowledge about how many groups there might be.
Do you know of a clustering algorithm in R (or
in general) which can use a-priori information about the cluster's shape,
in particular that the points of a given cluster should lie on a line?
The "EMclust" algorithm does allow to chose a general shape, such as
"elliptical" for example. However, this method proved not to be
successful.

Thank you very much,
Yours sincererly

Philip