[R] Keyboard problem using RWin 1.7.0

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Sat Apr 19 13:08:17 CEST 2003

DJNordlund at aol.com wrote:

> I just installed RWin 1.7.0 on an Intel box running Win2000 Pro.  If I try to
> paste from the clipboard to the console command line, the command(s) are
> executed, but the console then stops responding to the keyboard.  The only
> way I have found to continue is to use the mouse to shut down R.
>
> Typing in the console works just fine; commands are executed, command-line
> editing is ok, source-ing files works, etc.  Everything works fine until I
> try to paste to the console, then the keyboard stops responding.  Any
> thoughts?

Works for me on WinXP and WinNT4.0 with self-compiled copies (I guess
you are using the binaries from CRAN?).
- What exactly did you copy from the clipboard?
- Do you have any additional clipboard software running?

BTW:
Duncan, browsing to http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base ,
there seems to be a wrong link pointing to a non-existing file
"rw08.exe".

Uwe Ligges