[R] superimposing graphs

Faheem Mitha faheem at email.unc.edu
Sat Apr 19 03:15:28 CEST 2003

On Sat, 19 Apr 2003, Richard Rowe wrote:

> Faheem this has been asked several times in the past couple of months.
>
> check ?curve and the parameter 'add' as in
>
> curve(fc(x), 0, 10, col = "darkblue", add = TRUE) # from the reference manual
>
> If this isn't what you want then search Jonathon Baron's archive at
> http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/search.html for numerous other solutions,

Yes, I spent some time searching the R-help archive, but my queries were
of the general form "superpose graph" and similar. I did not notice that
curve had the add=TRUE option, which clearly is the simplest way to handle
this. The trouble with finding the right answer is first asking the right
question...

Thanks to everyone else who replied, namely james.holtman at convergys.com,
Dirk Eddelbuettel and Roger Peng (who also suggested the add=TRUE option).
I appreciate it.

                                             Faheem.