[R] Help with nlme--freq weights, logit model, and more

Andy Bunn abunn at montana.edu
Sat Apr 19 00:28:41 CEST 2003

Hi, I'm making the painful but liberating step to full-time linux user.
The switch has been mostly OK. All the stuff I learned when I first sat
down at a unix box is slowly coming back. But I digress.

Today I went to CRAN to get the RH 9 RPM:

http://cran.us.r-project.org/bin/linux/redhat/9/i386/

And, alas I found none and got the RH 8 build instead.

Here's what happens when I try the RPM:

[root at facet r.stuff]# rpm -i R-1.7.0-1.i386.rpm
warning: R-1.7.0-1.i386.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 97d3544e
error: Failed dependencies:
        libtcl.so.0 is needed by R-1.7.0-1
        libtk.so.0 is needed by R-1.7.0-1

But a newer version of tcl (and tk) was installed with the RH 9
installation.

[root at facet misc.rpms]# rpm -qa | grep -i tcl
tcl-8.3.5-88

So, in a short and ill-advised moment of lunacy I forced it:

[root at facet r.stuff]# rpm -i --nodeps *.rpm

That went as poorly as one might expect.

I suppose that I could roll back the tcl version but that seems
counterproductive. Is there a way to force the rpm? Can somebody smarter
than me make a good RPM for RH 9?

I'm loathe to install from source.

Thanks and I hope this is isn't an embarrassing question.

-Andy