[R] R-1.7.0 WIN2000 INSTALL

Sundar Dorai-Raj sundar.dorai-raj at pdf.com
Thu Apr 17 15:09:33 CEST 2003

Thanks for the replies. I've taken the suggestion of removing cygwin and
all registry keys (that I can find). Again here is my path:

D:\R\R-17~1.0\src\gnuwin32>path
PATH=C:\Program Files\Perl\bin\;
C:\WINNT\system32;
C:\WINNT;
C:\WINNT\System32\Wbem;
"C:\Program Files\Hummingbird\Connectivity\7.00\Accessories\";
.;
D:\Rtools\;
D:\mingw\bin\;
C:\Progra~1\Perl\bin;
D:\texmf\miktex\bin\;
D:\Progra~1\HTMLHe~1;
D:\Progra~1\R\rw1062\bin\;
C:\Progra~1\Insightful\splus61\cmd\;
D:\Progra~1\SSHCom~1\SSHSec~1;
D:\Progra~1\Tcl\bin\;
C:\Progra~1\Microso~3\VC98\Bin;

Everything before the . is prepended by the administrator. After
modifying src\gnuwin32\MkRules, I try `make' in the same directory:

D:\R\R-17~1.0\src\gnuwin32>make
make --no-print-directory -C front-ends Rpwd
make: *** [front-ends/Rpwd.exe] Error 255

D:\R\R-17~1.0\src\gnuwin32>

Here's another anomaly that I've worked around though it may be related:
If I type `tar zxvf R-1.7.0.tgz' at the command prompt I get a dialog
box listing the tar options and no untarring is accomplished. I was able
to use tar properly in the bash shell to extract everyting before I
deleted the cygwin directory.

Any clues? Have I missed something obvious?

Regards,
Sundar