[R] import data from Matlab & error msg when install package "e1071"

Marc Schwartz mschwartz at medanalytics.com
Wed Apr 16 20:40:03 CEST 2003

There are known problems with gcc 2.96, which was released with some
distros (ie. Red Hat), but was not an official release.  Long story,
but you can probably Google on "gcc 2.96" and get the history. One
place to start is here: http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-2.96.html.

You can (should) upgrade to a more recent version, either via your
distro's support network or you can go to the gcc web site at
http://gcc.gnu.org/, to download the latest version, which is 3.2.2.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz