[R] help about the dist() error message

Meng Xue carolxue at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 16 18:55:13 CEST 2003

hello,

I have a problem when call dist() of package mva on a large data
set. The following error message are obtained when I use dist()
on m, a two dimensional data set with the size 100,000. It seems
that the length of vector out of bound, since when I compute
dist on small data set(10,000), it works well. but for large
data set, it   exit with the message "negative length vector are
not allowed" .

Could you please give me an idea about how to solve it? Thanks
in advance.
Meng
****error message***
> library(mva)
> dist(m,method="euclidean")
Error in vector("double", length) : negative length vectors are
not allowed
In addition: Warning message:
NAs introduced by coercion