[R] rpart vs. randomForest

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Tue Apr 15 16:26:21 CEST 2003

I just saw in the prelimenary program for JSM '03, there will be (at least)
5 talks on random forest (one from our group), two of which will address the
issue of tuning mtry, judging form the abstracts.

If I may do a bit of advertising: I was asked to organized a roundtable
luncheon at the JSM on multiple trees.  I'd welcome anyone interested in
this area to come.

Cheers,
Andy