[R] removing NULL elements from a list: Thanks

Ramon Diaz rdiaz at cnio.es
Tue Apr 15 10:25:55 CEST 2003

Thank you very much for the very helpful responses from D. Bates, P. Dalgaard,
J. Holtman, D. James, U. Ligges, V. Ogranovich, C. Ortega, B. D. Ripley and
T. Plate.

The original question is at the end.
Most of the answers were: (A is the list, with the NULLs I want to get rid of)

A[!sapply(A, is.null)]

A[!unlist(lapply(A, is.null))]

A[sapply(A, is.null)] <- NULL ## potentially confussing, as pointed out by
B.D. Ripley

Thanks again,

Ramón

--