[R] Charts to M$Word - what's the best format

Michael A. Miller mmiller3 at iupui.edu
Tue Apr 15 01:19:13 CEST 2003

    > Fredrik Lundgren
    > <fredrik.lundgren at norrkoping.mail.telia.com> writes:
    >> As a Linux newbie I think a graphics device capable of
    >> producing the wmf (windows meta file) format wouldn't hurt
    >> - or is this a blasphemy in the Linux society?

    > Not blasphemy, but difficulty to find a good library to do
    > it right (vector rather than bitmap'd).  Hopefully, someone
    > will care enough to do both, right now apparently no one
    > does (care enough -- enough people care a small bit).

I've been looking into the same issue lately.  It would be great
if there was a simple way to convert postscript to windows
metafiles, but I haven't been able to find anything.

There is a library called libemf (enhanced metafile library,
http://libemf.sourceforge.net/) that might do it - "pstoedit uses
this library for creating WMF/EMF files under non-Windows
systems."

Mike