[R] Factor analysis in R

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Apr 14 13:47:49 CEST 2003

I think you must be using `scores' in a different sense from ?factanal and
the references therein.  The scores are determined by the loadings plus a
fitting method.  It makes no sense to rotate scores and not loadings, and
the scores are always on the original scales.

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003, Ursula Becker wrote:

> is it possible to run factor analysis in R such that the routine
> returns
> - unstandardized factor scores (according to the original scale)
> - rotated factor scores (these may be standardized)
>
> So far I have only found the possibility to return standardised
> unrotated factor scores.

All the possibilities are documented on the help page, with copious