[R] R under Sun Solaris 8

Henrik Bengtsson hb at maths.lth.se
Fri Apr 11 09:14:20 CEST 2003

Hi, I remember having the same problem when I tried to install a
personal version on our Sun Solaris 8 system. As readline was not in my
search paths the command line editing did not work. I do the following
before calling configure and make:

# Readline related stuff needed by [R] (readline is required for
# the command line history in [R] to work).
# C.f. R-FAQ: "7.22 How can I get command line editing to work?"
# and "R Installation and Administration" on www.r-project.org
# Library path to 'libreadline.*'. Don't forget the prefix '-L'
LIBS=-L/usr/common2/appjoa/lib.sun4
export LIBS
# Source path to 'readline.h' etc. Don't forget the prefix '-I'
CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/common2/appjoa/include
export CPPFLAGS

Maybe this is what you are missing

Henrik Bengtsson