[R] A Question on lowess() function

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Apr 10 22:17:24 CEST 2003

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 02:58:15PM -0500, Minghua Yao wrote:
> I used y<-x[!is.na(x)] to get rid of NA and NaN. But I don't know how to get
> rid of Inf.

y<-x[is.finite(x)]   # remove NA,NaN,and Inf all at once

> Also, is there more detailed info about loess() than help(loess)?

help(loess) offers a references to the literature. It doesn't get much more
detailed than papers in scholarly journals and books.

Dirk

--
Wishful thinking can dominate much of the work of a profession for a decade,
but not indefinitely.   -- Robert Shiller, on Efficient Markets models, 2002