[R] How to organize/develop an R function

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Fri Apr 4 18:34:55 CEST 2003

	  1.  Have you read Venables and Ripley's two books, "Modern Applied
Statistics with S" (now in its 4th edition) and "S Programming"?
Especially the latter book could help in this regard.

	  2.  Which version of R are you using, under which operating system?
With R 1.6.2 under Windows 2000, I can copy a "*.r" file into a new
directory, double click, and have R open an empty ".RData" file in that
directory.  This is can be helpful for identifying globals that you
thought were local to a particular function (e.g., misspelled variable
names).

Hope this helps.
Spencer Graves