[R] Shafer's MI software for S-plus

(Ted Harding) Ted.Harding at nessie.mcc.ac.uk
Tue Apr 1 14:49:38 CEST 2003

Greetings folks,

Shafer's S-plus package "norm" for multiple imputation of
missing values in multivariate normal data has been most
kindly and usefully ported to R by Alvaro A. Novo.

Shafer's website

  http://www.stat.psu.edu/~jls/

lists four S-plus packages in all:

  NORM - multiple imputation of multivariate continuous data

  CAT - multiple imputation of multivariate categorical data

  MIX - multiple imputation of mixed continuous and categorical data

  PAN - multiple imputation of multivariate panel or clustered data

I am particularly interested at the moment in the functionality
of "MIX", and am (naively) prepared to try my hand at getting it
into R, but I am wondering generally if this or any of the others
("CAT", "PAN") have been tried in R by anyone.

With thanks, and best wishes to all,
Ted.

Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 167 1972
Date: 01-Apr-03                                       Time: 13:49:38