[R] Error in Fields TPS function {svd ...} again

Jason Bond jbond at arg.org
Wed Oct 30 21:34:57 CET 2002

Thanks for all the helpful responses.  I include the data file and the
syntax file for reference.  Again, if I use the fields function, as is, I
get the message:

Error in svd(tempM) : error  159  in dsvdc

using traceback, I get:

 > traceback()
4: stop(paste("error ", z$info, " in dsvdc"))
3: svd(tempM)
2: Krig(x, Y, cov.function = rad.cov, m = m, decomp = decomp, scale.type =
scale.type,
        outputcall = Tpscall, p = p, ...)
1: Tps(bvolcap, bdsm)

if I change the occurrence of svd in the fields package to La.svd, I get
the error message

 > bout <- Tps( bvolcap, bdsm)
Error in "[<-"(*tmp*, (nt + 1):np, (nt + 1):np, value = temp$v) :
         number of items to replace is not a multiple of replacement length

traceback() then gives:

 > traceback()
2: Krig(x, Y, cov.function = rad.cov, m = m, decomp = decomp, scale.type =
scale.type,
        outputcall = Tpscall, p = p, ...)
1: Tps(bvolcap, bdsm)

Sorry to be so useless, I am a R (S) newbie.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.