[R] summary: Sweave - documenting a long function

John.Gavin@ubsw.com John.Gavin at ubsw.com
Tue Nov 5 19:06:05 CET 2002

Hi,

Here is a summary of the replies to my question yesterday
about documenting a long function with Sweave.
My thanks to those who replied.

Friedrich Leisch suggested a work around
which was copied to the mailing list
so I wont repeat it here. This worked well.
(I made a minor addition by adding braces
around each chunk of code to make the
output in the pdf file look a bit prettier.
This seems to work without any side effects.)

Frank Harrell suggested implementations of
'pretty printing' for Sweave.
Again, this was copied to the list, so I wont repeat it.

Peter Wolf pointed me to noweb without Sweave
http://www.eecs.harvard.edu/~nr/noweb/intro.html
(see below for more).

Regards,

John.

John Gavin <john.gavin at ubsw.com>,
Quantitative Risk Models and Statistics,
UBS Warburg, 100 Liverpool Street (6th floor),
London EC2M 2RH, UK.
Phone +44 (0) 207 567 4289
Fax   +44 (0) 207 568 5352

My original email reads