[R] Building own packages on Windows 2000!

Witold Eryk Wolski wolski at molgen.mpg.de
Thu May 2 20:26:19 CEST 2002

Hi Uwe!

Thanks. The key to solve this problem was the output of your tar program.
I had a different tar. Setting the tools directory first  in the path
variable solved the problem.

But solving  one problem leads to the next.
now i have a file called
mypackage.tar.gz generated by
 >rcmd build mypackage
But i am still working with windows 2000?
I expected to find a zip file.

I know that I am asking trivial questions but I want to come after a few
hours to an end.

I a missing in R extension a more detailed step by step description with
some examples.
To whom send proposals of change to the R extensions manual.  I am also
willing to writ one step by step descriptin for windows 2000.

Sincerely Eryk

The output of tar --version is:
C:\prog\R\rw1041\myfiles\test>tar --version
tar: Unknown option "--version"
Usage: tar -{crtux}[lpmovwzU[0-7[lmh]]] [-b blocks]
           [-f tarfile] [-V volpattern] [file [-C pathname] ...]

But for sure it is the tar that i downloaded with the tools from the cran.

--
wolski at molen.mpg.de
tel      : 0049-(0)30-8413-1543
fax      : 0049-(0)30-8413-1139