[R] mutable objects

Vadim Ogranovich vograno at arbitrade.com
Mon Jul 15 21:46:56 CEST 2002

Duncan,

Thank you for your reply. I knew I could modify the args in .Call (and even
in .C though not by default), but I was scared off by "not recommended" in
the manual. Is there a simple rule that tells when it's safe to modify the
args in place, or probably give an example when it is NOT safe?

Thanks, Vadim