[R] RMySQL and MAC OS X

Fernando Pineda fernando.pineda at jhu.edu
Tue Jul 2 20:32:41 CEST 2002

Has anyone had success using the RMySQL package under Mac OS
X/Darwin? I've been trying on and off for a few months with no
success. Most recently I installed the Darwin R-1.5.1 distribution
from (ftp://gifi.stat.ucla.edu/pub), but to no avail, I still get a
"bus  error" when I try to connect (see below).

I have verified that  I can log into MySQL from a shell with the
host/user/password combination that I'm passing to dbConnect.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

-- Fernando

>  library(RMySQL)
>  m <- MySQL()
>  con <- dbConnect(m,
>host="localhost",user="arrayAdmin",password="*****",dbname="microarrays")
Bus error

--
Fernando J. Pineda     		Johns Hopkins University
Assoc. Professor                 	Bloomberg School of Public Health