[R] installing R-1.3.1 on Solaris 2.6

wei, xiaoyan wei_xiaoyan at emc.com
Tue Jan 8 23:12:04 CET 2002

Hi All,

I am trying to install R1.3.1 on solaris 2.6 using the gcc/g77 compiler.

The configure step succeeded, but make failed. The compiler versions I used
are:
	gcc version 2.95.2 19991024 (release)
	g77 version 2.95.2 19991024 (release)
	CC  workshop Compilers 5.0 98/12/15 C++ 5.0
I can't use the c++ compiler(v2.95.2), since it failed the configure step. I
can't use f77 either, because we have no license and we are cutting cost in
the department.

I used all default compiling flags in config.site.

My question is:
Has anyone installed R1.3.1 successfully using gcc/g77 ( I know people have
success stories using the Forte compiler, but that is not an option for me)?

Which version do I have to use? Which flags do I have to set?

Thanks a lot!
--Xiaoyan

P.S. I attached a text file for the output from configure and make for your
reference.