[R] converting matrics in R

Indbryn Morten Morten.Indbryn at indman.sintef.no
Wed Jan 2 14:41:59 CET 2002

Hi

I have a problem with converting a matrics in R
R has almost the same syntaxes as S-PLUS have so I have also tried to use
the manual for that software.

My problem is that i have read data in from a database through a RODBC
connection and this data is not represented in the right form.
The data I have read in, is represented as productnumber in first collumn,
weeknumber in the second and a messurment in the third.
I want to represent the data as productnumber downwards(rows) and weeknumber
horisontally(collumns) and the vallue of the cells should be the messurment.
I have looked at a function called "reshapeWide" which I thoght wold handle
such a problem but I only get an error message.
I have tried to convert the the data when the data was both original and wen
converted to dataframe.

Do sombody else now about other functions which can be used?. Do I have to
make a new function (programming in R)?

Thank you in advance

Morten