[R] something missing from the graph of recursive partitioning

dechao wang dechwang at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 8 13:19:22 CET 2002

The following codes come from R example. I save its
graph as rpart.ps, but the graph did not display the
whole word, e.g. just display "bsent", not "absent" in
the most left. can you advise me how to solve it?

many thanks,

p.s, file rpart.ps is also attached.

library(rpart)
data(kyphosis)
fit <- rpart(Kyphosis ~ Age + Number + Start, data =
kyphosis)
fit2 <- rpart(Kyphosis ~ Age + Number + Start, data =
kyphosis,
parms = list(prior = c(0.65, 0.35), split =
"information"))
postscript("rpart.ps", width=960, height=960)
par(mfrow = c(1, 2))
plot(fit)
text(fit, use.n = TRUE)
plot(fit2)