Part II Re: [R] read.ssd {foreign} (Reading a permanent SAS d ataset into an R data frame)

Stephen Arthur sarthur67 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 25 05:16:02 CET 2002

Scot,

Thanks for the info.  I will try your code out to
verify the result, but before I do that, will your
code (SAS and R) work with variable names that are
longer than 8 characters long without truncating the
variable name in R?

Also, I wonder about using your method or the PROC
EXPORT method with larger data sets.  The data sets I
will be working with for the most part will not be
that large, but for larger data sets, I do not like to
create the intermediate csv file that PROC EXPORT
creates because I do not like having unused files
stored on my computer.

Thanks,

Stephen