[R] from wav to R

Petr Pikal petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Wed Dec 18 15:11:20 CET 2002

Dear all

I would like to perform frequency analysis of a sound (noise)
recorded as a wav file (I would like to compare different sounds if
they vary in frequency and how much). I know there exists some
packages (Cool Edit) for doing frequency analysis of sounds but I
wonder if anybody tried to do it in R.

I found a package sound. It enables to play with wav files, to
append them and to make some filtrations. But if I wanted to
invoke a spectrum() function it did not work with sound object.

Please can somebody give me a hint where to look or how to
convert wav file to some kind of object analysable by R functions.

Thank you very much.

Petr Pikal
petr.pikal at precheza.cz
p.pik at volny.cz