[R] tripack on solaris

Roger Koenker roger at ysidro.econ.uiuc.edu
Sat Dec 14 18:02:02 CET 2002

I'm trying to revive a project that uses the tripack package on a R1.6.1 solaris system.
Contrary to my prior experience the function voronoi.mosaic now crashes with a bus error.
(This is true in my examples but it also happens running R CMD check tripack in executing
the documentation examples on a fresh version of the package. On our linux system tripack
checks flawlessly.)  Before digging into the gory details, I wondered if anyone else
might have experience with this, or if there are any general suggestions about what
to look for.   Compilation on both solaris and linux is with g77.

url:	http://www.econ.uiuc.edu		Roger Koenker
email	roger at ysidro.econ.uiuc.edu		Department of Economics
vox: 	217-333-4558				University of Illinois
fax:   	217-244-6678				Champaign, IL 61820