[R] y axis on hist

Peter Dalgaard BSA p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Thu Dec 12 16:04:06 CET 2002

Bud Gibson <fpgibson at umich.edu> writes:

> Have you considered writing an intro or
> intermediate programming R that would provide almost some cookbook
> examples, much as O'Reilly has done with its Perl or Java series?

Interesting idea, but I'm not sure I'm the one to write it. (For the
uninitiated, the Perl Cookbook is an 800 pp. with 20 chapters, each
containing an introduction plus 15-20 "recipes" in a strict

 Problem
 Solution
 Discussion
 See Also

layout.)

Paul Johnsons "Rtips" page on
http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/R/statsRus.html
is actually quite a long way along the road to being a document of
that kind. A little editing, a careful check that all of the solutions
really are The Best Way, and (the hard part) ensuring that there is
sufficient coverage of what readers wanted to know.