[R] y axis on hist

Bud Gibson fpgibson at umich.edu
Thu Dec 12 14:17:02 CET 2002

Hi:

The y axis on the hist function seems to set its limits oddly.
sometimes, it covers the full range of the data and sometimes it stops
one major tick short.  I have had this behavior with a variety of data
sets, and it can easily be reproduced by just running the following
several times:

hist(rnorm(100000))

I have tried explicitly setting ylim to the range of values produced by
rnorm (taking care to set some variable to rnorm(100000) and then
graphing that), and I still get the y axis plotting behvior I just
described.

TIA,
Bud