[R] Installing a new R Package for MacOS

Jan de Leeuw deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu
Wed Dec 11 01:04:03 CET 2002

The Carbon version of R cannot download and install packages. You have
to install them manually, and if this involves building shared libs
that is
a royal pain. The Darwin version uses the standard *nix tools and has no
such problems.

-- Jan

On Tuesday, Dec 10, 2002, at 14:14 US/Pacific, Leo Wang-Kit Cheung
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to using R. I am using the MacOS rm161 version on my
> PowerMac G4, and having problem installing a new package msm.
> Within R, I typed
>
>> options(CRAN = "http://cran.stat.ucla.edu/")
>
> Then, I use the following functions, but keep getting errors.
>
>> install.packages("msm")
> Error: couldn't find function "install.packages"
>
> and
>
>> download.packages("msm")
> Error: couldn't find function "download.packages"
>
> Please help. Thanks!
>
> Leo

===
Jan de Leeuw; Professor and Chair, UCLA Department of Statistics
US mail: 8142 Math Sciences Bldg, Box 951554, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1554
phone (310)-825-9550;  fax (310)-206-5658;  email: deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu
                  www: http://www.stat.ucla.edu/~deleeuw
====
          Remember, wherever you go, there you are. --- Buckaroo Banzai