[R] RGnumeric real time refresh?

Richard Spady r-spady at nwu.edu
Tue Dec 10 01:34:02 CET 2002

I have data that comes in every 7 seconds or so and I'd like to display it in a spreadsheet, and
possibly take user input from the spreadsheet.

I have installed RGnumeric and written an appropriate R function that reads, manipulates and
displays the data by writing via RGnumeric to a spreadsheet. However, the results of this are
not displayed until the R function returns, so refreshing by just putting the body of this function
in a loop will not work (apparently.) Nor can I see how to get Gnumeric to call the function
repeatedly, i.e. without retyping 'runR()' or similar; even the refresh button F9 only works once
(therafter a message to the effect that "R Code is not found" appears.)

Any pointers?

Thnaks,
Richard Spady
P.S. This ua Gnumeric 1.0.9 on RedHat 8.0, R 1.6.1.