[R] color of plot axes involving POSIX types

Richard Rowe Richard.Rowe at jcu.edu.au
Sun Dec 8 04:52:03 CET 2002

I am attempting to plot frequency of occurrence against (calendar) time. As
the output is to be produced as a Powerpoint picture on a dark background I
wish to make the plot output yellow

 > par(col="yellow", col.axis="yellow", col.lab="yellow", col.main="yellow")
 > plot(t2, t1, ylim=c(0,40), main="Episynlestes run 2", ylab="frequency",
type="h", axes=FALSE, lwd=2)

where t2 is a vector of  POSIX type and t1 is the associated frequency.
This works *except* that the x axis is printed ... and in black

 > axis.POSIXct(1, t2, col="yellow")

makes the x axis yellow by overwriting, so I can get what I want
(fortunately I didn't post this earlier when I was tied in a knot), but it
doesn't seem elegant.

Any hints?

Thanks,

Richard

Richard Rowe
Senior Lecturer
Department of Zoology and Tropical Ecology, James Cook University
Townsville, Queensland 4811, Australia
fax (61)7 47 25 1570
phone (61)7 47 81 4851
e-mail: Richard.Rowe at jcu.edu.au