[R] colour and weighting with sm.density/regression

Mike Sumner mike_rphd at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 5 06:41:03 CET 2002

Hello, I am using the sm and chron libraries to
produce density plots, they are lat/lon locations of
marine mammals.

I am using Windows 2000, 1.6.0

The default image plot for sm.density is yellow on a
red background - how can I change these colours?
Neither sm.options nor par seem to cover this.

It seems that I can use sm.regression to weight the
density plots by attribute values at each point, but
this can only be displayed in "persp".
Can I display sm.regression surfaces as "image"?  Or,
weight an sm.density surface by attribute value?

All I can think of is to increase the number of points
in an area in proportion to the value I would like
displayed.  (The value I am interested in is the time
between each point).

Cheers, Mike.