[R] advanced tabulation

Christian Schulz ozric at web.de
Tue Dec 3 22:12:02 CET 2002

many thanks for all your comments !

>>summary(columnvariable ~ rowvar1+rowvar2+...., method='reverse') will do
what you want, if you are interested in separate summaries for each row
variable.  >>This uses the summary.formula function in the Hmisc library
(http://hesweb1.med.virginia.edu/biostat/s/Hmisc.html) for which there are
plot, print, and latex >>methods for formatting the output.  For 2-way
cross-classified summaries see method='cross'.

...this is really a good starting point !
An improvement should be the possibility use in a function more than 1
column variable !?

I check/AttemptToUnderstand next days the functions from Hmisc and Kickstart
more deeply and
perhaps the modification's are not so difficult !?

P.S.
summary (Hmisc) is a generic function !?
Is it pure R code ?

regards, christian