[R] Open-source DS tools

Seth Grimes grimes at altaplana.com
Thu Oct 4 22:13:33 CEST 2001

Hello all,

	I'm a computing consultant and write a decision support column for
CMP's Intelligent Enterprise magazine.  I'm researching open-source
decision-support tools for an upcoming column: what tools are available,
how they compare to commercial tools, and why there aren't more, for
instance, why there aren't any (so far as I know) open-source OLAP or
analytical reporting tools.  I'd like to hear views on any of these points
if you have any to share.  Write me at grimes at altaplana.com.

Seth Grimes   Alta Plana   database & Web / design & development
grimes at altaplana.com       http://altaplana.com    301-873-8225