[R] PNG diver problem

Andrew Schuh andys at neptuneandco.com
Thu Nov 29 18:40:23 CET 2001

Let me expand my question some.  I use R in batch mode for interactive
web statistics (via RH7.2 and R1.3).  I have experimented with using the
Tcl/Tk and SJava packages, as well as starting gui apps from batch mode.
 I haven't really been able to start any of them and I assume this is
due to the discussion that has been going on here.  I work in parallel
with someone who works in W2000.  He doesn't seem to have any problem
with starting this kind of stuff.  It is a real development hinderance
not to be able to start GUI apps from batch mode.  Does anyone out there
have any suggestions?