[R] Revised notes for using R with epidemiological data
mark at myatt.demon.co.uk
Fri Jul 20 15:11:28 CEST 2001
Just a note to say that I have just posted a new version of my R notes
to my web-site:
As a Zip archive including RTF and PDF versions of the document as well
as example datasets.
This is just a minor revision. Changes are:
1. References to "survival5" now reference "survival" - the
package name changed with v1.3.0.
2. Information on install.packages() is supplemented with a note
of the use of the "Packages" menu on GUI versions.
3. The document is now released under the GPL/FDL license ...
share and enjoy!
4. One reference (Selvin, S, "Modern Applied Biostatistical
Methods Using S-Plus", Oxford University Press, New York, 1998)
has been added.
5. Document naming now follows R versions (i.e. Rex1030.pdf).
I will have some time later in the year to revise this document. I am
thinking of including:
1. Introduction to writing your own (simple) graphics functions
using a "Bland & Altman" plot as an example.
2. Examples of using sample() &c. to do bootstraps and jack-
Does anyone think that this is worth it or have any other suggestions as
to what could be usefully added? I would like to hear from anyone who
has used this material in the classroom ... did it work?
r-help mailing list -- Read http://www.ci.tuwien.ac.at/~hornik/R/R-FAQ.html
Send "info", "help", or "[un]subscribe"
(in the "body", not the subject !) To: r-help-request at stat.math.ethz.ch
More information about the R-help