[R] does this sound like any kind of R procedure to you?

Stephane Dray dray at biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr
Thu Jul 19 10:23:39 CEST 2001

Hello Paul,
I think that K-Tables ordination methods can help you to solve your
problem. Theses methods consists in the ordination of several tables.
The method finds a common structure of all tables and then ordinate
the variations of the different tables in comparison with the common
structure. This family of methods have been developped in ecology
when you measure abundances of species in different sites (one table)
at different dates (k tables). In ecology, we want to know if the
distibution of species across sites changes (or not) along the
different dates.
If you are interested, K-Tables methods are available in ade-4
software (for mac and windows) which can be freely downloadable at:
http://pbil.univ-lyon1.fr/ADE-4/ADE-4.html. Most of the documentation
is in french but some chapters have been translate in english and
there is a mailing list where you can find help.

Sincerely.

--
Stéphane DRAY
Biométrie et Biologie évolutive - Equipe "Écologie Statistique"

Tel : 04 72 43 27 56			   Fax : 04 78 89 27 19
       04 72 43 27 57 	   E-mail : dray at biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr