[R] FW: MathSoft Inc. Changes Name To Insightful Corporation

Warnes, Gregory R gregory_r_warnes at groton.pfizer.com
Wed Jan 24 18:15:03 CET 2001

FYI.

-----Original Message-----
From: tbeck at insightful.com [mailto:tbeck at insightful.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2001 4:48 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients
Subject: MathSoft Inc. Changes Name To Insightful Corporation

RE: MathSoft Inc. Changes Name To Insightful Corporation

Dear Valued Customer:

Today, we are excited to announce that we have changed our name from
MathSoft
Inc.(NASDAQ:MATH) to Insightful Corporation (NASDAQ:IFUL).The reason for the

name change is two-fold:

Our focus on advanced analytical software and services as our core business,
and
Our decision to sell the MathSoft Engineering and Educational Products
Division
(more information available at www.insightful.com/news

What does this mean to you? All good news, since our whole business is now
focused on
statistical analysis and data mining. The products you use, S-PLUS® and
StatServer®,
are the backbone of our technology solution. And we've got more to come,
designed to
help you understand reality and anticipate the future. Our goal is to help
you develop
insight and intelligence from your data, so you can make better decisions
every day.

The name change also provides an opportunity to introduce you to our
consulting
services group, which delivers analytical expertise and development
resources to meet
your specific needs. If you are looking for additional resources to develop
analytical
applications, you can count on us to deliver results as fast as possible.
See
www.insightful.com/consulting

We are very excited about the name change from MathSoft to Insightful
Corporation and
our organizational focus on analytical software and consulting services.
Feel free to give
us a call if you have questions or want to learn more about our software and

services.Finally, thank you for you continued support. We will continue
working as hard
as ever to exceed your expectations.

Sincerely,
Thomas Beck