[R] Excel-to-R Interface

Hengyi Xue hxue at stat.wvu.edu
Mon Jan 8 23:21:49 CET 2001

Hi,

I have some questions about Excel-to-R interface and I hope somebody can help me. Is it possible to call functions in a self-defined package from Excel using the Excel-to-R interface? We created the package successfully and can run all the functions inside R. But when we tried to run them from Excel, we kept running into problems. It seems we can not run anything that is not in the base package. I know that the DCOM server is communicating with R compiled as DLL. Is it possible to compile our self defined package into DLL?

Any help will be appreciated.

Hengyi Xue