[R] problem using MASS corresp and mca functions

Alexandre Fayolle alexandre.fayolle at free.fr
Sat Nov 11 17:55:23 CET 2000

I'm an absolute beginner with R and neophite in data analysis, so please bear
with me if I ask stupid question.

I'm trying to do a correspondence analysis using R and MASS corresp function,
but I get an error message which I'm unable to interpret:

> data(weblog)
> library(MASS)
> corresp(~ url + fromurl, data=weblog)
Error in svd(t(t(x1 * Dr) * Dc)) : error  306  in dsvdc

Similarly, I get another error if I try to use mca:
> mca(weblog)
Error in (rep(1, n)) %*% G : non-conformable arguments

I'm a bit stuck there, with the impression that I'm missing something

The data I'm using is a csv file extracted from an web server logfile. The first
lines are:

Any help or comment is welcome.

Alexandre Fayolle
Narval is the first software agent available as free software (GPL).
LOGILAB, Paris (France).