[R] memory management

Pan_Yuming@aam.de Pan_Yuming at aam.de
Fri Nov 10 13:30:17 CET 2000

thank you for your useful discussions.

i had unpleasant experinces when handling data in R, like importing large datasets into R and do calculations on it. it is not whether the job can be
donw, but how to do it more elegantly.

read.table() is slower than scan(), but i wont use scan() if read.table() can do it satifactoriely.  Kjetil gave me the right direction. i tend to use
 a lot of loops in the program and that s not efficient.

best wishes
pan yuming

Uwe Ligges <ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de> on 10.11.2000 12:04:20