[R] Loop Delaying

Ko-Kang Wang Ko-Kang at xtra.co.nz
Mon Jul 31 13:56:34 CEST 2000

Hi there,

I know this question may sounds strange, but here it goes:

Is it possible to delay the speed of a for loop?  For example, if I
have:

for (i in 1:100) {
    blah blah blah
}

within the for loop I want to draw a series of plots, and combining the
plots together I'll have an animation.  Problem is the loop is too fast
and I only see the end result (which is not surprising actually).

What I want is to slow down the loop (if possible), and so I have time
to save each "part" of the loop (or each plot when it is produced) as a
gif file, and later on put these gif files together using some kind of
GIF Animators.

Anyway, just wonder if the for loop can be slowed down forcebly.

Cheers,

Ko-Kang (Kevin) Wang