[R] Installing R

lhomer lhomer at teleport.com
Wed Dec 20 05:17:09 CET 2000

I am trying to install R on a suse 7.0 linux system. When I attempt to use the source, I receive an error message that says no fortran compiler was found. I do have gnuc which is supposed to have g77 as part of the installation, but I don't know how to use this information.

I also tried the binary installation and received an error message:

bash-2.04# rpm -ivh R-base-1.1.1-2.i386.rpm..rpm
error: failed dependencies:
        libblas.so.2 is needed by R-base-1.1.1-2

Is this libblas.so.2 a file I could download? Where should I get it? Where should I put it?