[R] Installation

Kai Staupendahl kstaupe at gwdg.de
Mon Dec 11 21:39:28 CET 2000

Hi,

I have the following (probably trivial) problem:

I am running a Windows 95 System and have setted the environment variables R_HOME and especillay R_USER in the autoexec.bat. The idea was, to invoke R at the startup to read in the files .Renviron and .Rprofile from my home directory, even when the current working directory is somewhere else.

Subject to the manual it should work, but it does not! These configuration files are only read in, if they are in the current working directory. But I do not want to write and save these files for every R project!

Who knows the solution?

Thank your for your ansers in advance,

Kai Staupendahl

Kai Staupendahl

Diplom-Forstwirt (M.Sc.)

Institut fuer Forsteinrichtung und Ertragskunde
Fakultaet fuer Forstwissenschaften und Waldoekologie
Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen

Institute of Forest Management and Yield Science
Faculty of Forest Sciences and Forest Ecology
Georg-August-University Goettingen

Buesgenweg 5
D-37077 Goettingen

Fon: +49-551-393476