[R] TCL TO R

Chemsain Konsultant Sdn Bhd cap at chemsain.com
Thu Dec 7 10:10:25 CET 2000

I have encountered problems with loading R from TCL/TK application when i run "exec ~path/rterm.exe --no-save" in the TCL/TK console. The error message is "Runtime error! program: c:\...RTERM.EXE"
"abnormal Program Termination"

and when i click ok, this error came out
"This program has performed an illegal operation and will shut down. If the problem persists, contact the program vendor"

With the R software version 1.1.1, i can load tcltk library and call tcl functions. My question is, Can I call R from TCLTK interface and run TCLTK from R?

Have you ever encounter this problem and do you have any idea what is the solution to this problem? Please reply if you know how to solve this problems. Thanks

Regards,
Lawrence