[R] RODBC update
Prof Brian Ripley
ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Dec 6 12:26:55 CET 2000
On behalf of Michael Lapsley, who is away.
There is a new version of RODBC on CRAN, version 0.8-2. A version
compiled for rw1011 will propagate to CRAN tonight.
- This will work with the up-coming R 1.2.0.
- Nulls in databases are handled (more) correctly. The bug that has been
reported with repeated entries was it transpires to do with null fields,
not empty ones ("", and they can be different).
- There are options to determine how to write NAs to the database, and
how to read nulls and what strings to map to NA when reading (like
na.strings in read.table).
- Much of the R code has been vectorized, so should be faster.
- The internal reading code has been streamlined and should be faster,
and there are options to return results as a character matrix,
which might be much faster.
- as.is arguments work now.
This is an interim release to fix some of the bugs and in preparation
for 1.2.0. Michael will probably update it when he returns.
Brian D. Ripley, ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Professor of Applied Statistics, http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/~ripley/
University of Oxford, Tel: +44 1865 272861 (self)
1 South Parks Road, +44 1865 272860 (secr)
Oxford OX1 3TG, UK Fax: +44 1865 272595
r-help mailing list -- Read http://www.ci.tuwien.ac.at/~hornik/R/R-FAQ.html
Send "info", "help", or "[un]subscribe"
(in the "body", not the subject !) To: r-help-request at stat.math.ethz.ch
More information about the R-help