Peter B. Mandeville
mandevip at uaslp.mx
Fri Jul 23 04:26:58 CEST 1999
Among other computers, I am using rw0642 on an IBM 300GL with 32MB RAM and
1. If after opening rw0642 the first command is to help such as "? par",
when the help window is closed by clicking X in the upper right corner of
the help window the following message is shown
This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.
If the problem persists contact the program vendor.
2. I often cut code from wordpad and notepad to the clipboard and paste it
in rw0642. If I cut and paste the following code
The first plot is shown and I get the following in the console
Hit <Return> to see next plot: plot(rnorm(500
Error: syntax error
If I cut and paste the following code
Sometimes it works properly. This is didn't occur in previous versions.
2. The graphics pointer in "identify()" and "locator()" isn't visible in
the Graphics Window. This didn't occur in versions before Rw0641.
3. Many times Rwinst reports "zip files not found" when I try to install an
add-on package using Windows95. This appears not to happen using Windows98.
4. The subdirectories Mass, nnet, spatial, and class have to be copied to
rw0642\library after instalation of VR5_3pl037 which complicates students'
5. What is the minimum RAM necessary for Rw0642? I have found that it will
run on computers with 32MB RAM but not with 16MB RAM.
6. It has been reported to me that the command "windows()" only copies the
last graph rather then all of them as it did previously in other versions.
7. While running Rw0642 a single click on another minimized application on
the task bar highlights the icon for Rw0642 and doesn't change
applications. It requieres 2 clicks to change to the other application.
Can someone help me with these details?
Thank you very much.
Peter B. Mandeville mandevip at deimos.tc.uaslp.mx
Jefe del Depto. de Informática y Bioestadística rpe1531 at pasteur.fmed.uaslp.mx
Facultad de Medicine Tel: 48 26-23-45 ext. 232
Universidad Autónoma de San Luis Potosí Fax: 48 28-23-52
Av. V. Carranza 2405
Col. Los Filtros
Apartado Postal 145
San Luis Potosí, S.L.P.
r-help mailing list -- Read http://www.ci.tuwien.ac.at/~hornik/R/R-FAQ.html
Send "info", "help", or "[un]subscribe"
(in the "body", not the subject !) To: r-help-request at stat.math.ethz.ch
More information about the R-help